The banking and finance sector is anticipating more change in the next two years than in the last 200. Technology is the driver with Blockchain, Bitcoin, Crowdfunding, mobile payments and Peer-to-Peer Lending leading causing a level of disruption that will change our relationship with money forever.
Some of the key SMART MONEY questions that could be explored include:
- Will open standards for banking create a new market for data driven apps and services, helping us manage our money more effectively?
- Will Blockchain replace our need for banks?
- How long before we become a cashless society, and what are the risks of a phone for a wallet?
- Can digital enable citizens to co-invest in city infrastructure?
- Is there a backup if the whole system crashes? How vulnerable have we made already made ourselves?